Sunday 13 April 2014

Handmade Monday 163

Hello!  Welcome to Handmade Monday!

This week I have to say I am completely in awe of anyone who does a lot of quilling.  Now, I haven't quilled in many, many years - until this week.  I was asked by Craftseller magazine to make some 3D quilled items for a wedding.  How many coils of paper did I create?  I'm not entirely sure but it was in triple figures.  I don't think it reached four figures, though, thankfully!


I always enjoy a diversion and a chance to try crafts I don't normally do, but I have to admit to feeling slightly relieved when all the quilling was done!  This is a craft that really requires a higher degree of patience than I seem to possess. And it was quite tiny!  Here's part of the project sitting on top of the notes I was making so I could write up the instructions:


One thing I did love about this project was the chance to try something that is really quite traditional and play around with it a little bit for more up to date results.

Quentin news...

I ordered breakfast in bed...

Guide dog puppy Quentin has had his vaccination and is allowed to go out for walkies!  This was his first walk, this morning!


He's still not allowed on grassy areas (until his next vaccination) although he's OK to play in our garden.  So his walks will be limited to pavements (and of course shopping centres!) for a few weeks, which is OK because that still gives us a lot to explore and chance to keep improving those lead skills...


...although it seems he has his posing-for-the-camera skills perfected! 


Here he is having a rare moment of quiet...


And here he is waiting for that string of sausages to start moving again so he can pounce on them!


People keep saying "How will you be able to give him back?"  I don't really know how to answer that one, because of course I love him to bits already!   It will be a day of mixed emotions, that's for sure!

For now, though, he's sleeping soundly and it's over to you for Handmade Monday!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Looking forward to seeing your quilling, it's not something I've done much of.

You puppy training looks like it's going well, he's so adorable.

Jan x

Ginx Craft said...

I tried to do quilling with my craft club, which involved my lovely husband making quilling sticks for each child out of dowling. It did work, but was very hard work.

Lucy Blossom said...

I first started crafting with quilling, but haven't done any for years, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done with it.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of quilling before. It looks really interesting with the tolled roses. Something I'd love to try. X

PoppyK said...

I'm not really sure exactly what quilling is, but it all looks very interesting.
I love your puppy, he's so adorable. I would love a dog but I just don't have the lifestyle for one at the moment.....and I don't think my 3 pussy cats would like a dog! x