Sunday 12 October 2014

Handmade Monday 189

Welcome to another Handmade Monday.

Maybe my blog readers have known this all along, but it's kind of crept up on me... maybe I've been in denial.  I'm realising that I really do have too much to do.  At the moment everything feels a bit overwhelming, but hopefully that feeling will subside a little in the coming weeks.


Dad going into respite care hasn't really freed up any time for me (although it has done for Mum and that's really good) especially as he had a seizure last Wednesday and we spent about 7 hours in A&E with him.  I've read up a lot on Alzheimer's but I had no idea that it can lead to seizures.  I'm glad it happened in the care home and not with Mum, as I'm sure it would have been scary for her to witness his first seizure.


I've managed to carve out a little time for art licensing work, but not as much as I'd have liked.  I'm enjoying the textured backgrounds and looking at all sorts of things with a view to scanning it to create a background!  Fabrics are great, but of course many fabrics can't be used because of copyright issues.


Quentin has been doing the shops this week.  While we were shopping, we met a gorgeous yellow labrador helping with a Guide Dogs fundraising collection.  She was so calm compared to Quentin, but at five years old I guess she should be.  Apparently she qualified and became a working guide dog, but was withdrawn after regularly stealing her owner's underwear from where they were drying on the radiators!  It's the kind of thing I can imagine Quentin doing, unfortunately (especially if he thinks nobody is looking).

What has your week been like?  To join in with Handmade Monday, just add your blog link below.

6 comments:

Free Spirit Designs said...

Oh dear that must have been stressful for you all to have to deal with your Dad's seizure :( I'm glad your mum didn't have to cope with it though. It must be hard to concentrate on things like Christmas when you have so much on your mind just now, or maybe its a welcome break?

Your latest designs are soooo cute, i especially love the snowmen and those lights are so realistic! x

Fiddly Fingers said...

I do hope life calms down for you soon, it's never easy when those close to you are suffering.

itsamistry said...

I hope your dad is okay and that you and the family are taking care of yourselves to (hugs). It's not a pretty sight seeing someone having a seizure - my dad had one while in emergency a few weeks ago - no not nice at and I'm glad your mum didn't see it. Your designs are really cute.

Josie said...

Oh Wendy, what a time of it you've been having. Sending much love and hugs to you all x

Adaliza said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad - difficult times. I'm glad you're still keeping busy and doing new projects - I've been away for a while with a few distractions here too. Quilting is keeping me sane! Take care - Ax

Lucy Blossom said...

*hugs* how scary for you all, I hope he doesn't have any more (or many more). From your descriptions of Quentin I think he could be just as mischievious too! Lovely Christmassy images for licencing.